Over the weekend, it was raining quite a bit at my place. Hence I decided to shoot a few water droplets falling off the window grill.

After holding the camera and taking a few shots, I realized that timing the water droplet was very difficult. Hence I shifted to burst mode. In this mode, the camera took a few quick shots in the beginning – probably around 3 fps – and then settled into a steady sequence taking continuous shots. But the rate probably was not the same as for the initial 3 shots. I believe it was shooting one frame per second.

On going through the pictures, I realized that the timing was such most of the the photos ended catching moments when there was no water floating in the air.

Some shots did have some interesting effects.

Sigh!!! I need to keep trying. I also need to use a tripod.

Advertisements