The medical field is actively working on increasing the life span of humans. Suppose our life span gets increased to 200 years, what will happen?
- We will have to work till the age of 170, before we can retire and get pension.
- On retirement, we will need to have a larger nest egg, as we will want to ‘maintain’ our lifestyle.
- Politicians will now ‘retire’ after centuries rather than decades.
- Countries will see ruling Prime Ministers and Presidents who are well into their 180s and 190s.
- Children of politicians will have to wait for a century before inheriting the constituency from their parent.
- Companies will see CEOs be in their 80s, while many others in the work force may be past 130.
- People who are made redundant will possibly face a century of unemployment.
- We will have to not only deal with our grandchildren, but also with great great grandchildren.
- Copyright will be extended to life of the author/artist plus 300 years after the death of the author/artist.
- We will have 160 year old male actors acting as college going students and romancing 30 year old actresses.
- The same celebrities will continue to feature in the news for more than a century.